[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TENNIS.MY • View topic - Tennis New Comer:)

Login |  Register

[ 2 posts ] 

Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Ball Picker
Ball Picker

Hello all veteran & tai kors,

I'm wholly new to Tennis scene and previously was a badminton player.

Can someone recommend a decent racket for a beginner along with strings and tension. What is the grip size? I have relatively huge grip.

I have strong arms, forearm, and believe my grip should be ok. Not showing off but at least you guys can introduce the correct type of racket to my attribute. My budget is around RM350-RM400.

Anyone here mind to shed some lights is highly appreciated! :D

Thanks & Regards,

Victor
Subang Jaya

Top Top

Mon May 16, 2011 8:39 pm

State Champ
State Champ

wictor wictor.. sorry, the scene from star trek came to mind when i saw your name. no offence intended.. :)

hi victor, welcome to tennis.my. i'm from sj as well, ss19 to be precise.

with your budget, i would suggest that you look into pre-loved rackets that weight in the region of 290g to 310g. 20g does make a difference.

you could look into the following rackets:

dunlop aerogel 300 / 4d300 tour or the aerogel 500 / 4d500
head microgel radical - selling at topper sports in ampang park for rm250 new.
wilson kfactor kblade team
babolat aeropro drive / pure drive

any of the rackets listed could serve you well as you advance, and it still has great resale value as well. maybe zdepth taiko might have other rackets to recommend since he's the resident sifu in this boards..

anyway, we have a session going in sunway college every weekend morning, 7.30am. you are welcomed to join us if you want.

Top Top
 [ 2 posts ]